Presenter Information & FAQ
Deadline for Presenter Proposals: September 7, 2019
Hear By: September 20, 2019
Last Date for Presenter to Confirm & Register: September 27, 2019
We’re happy you’ve landed at the Proposal page for LimmudBoston! We welcome all topics and all ways of learning and growing! A brief introduction and then you’ll be on your way.
We offer and invite Jewish Learning, Community and Diversity, Volunteerism
Limmud is a volunteer-run learning festival that brings together all parts of the Jewish community for learning in all its variety. LimmudBoston is among over 90 Limmud events in over 42 countries that are based on the model developed by the UK “flagship” Limmud Festival. Limmud is based on a shared set of “values” that inform how we want to bring the community together around Jewish learning.
You may make a proposal on any topic you’re passionate about and want to share with others that touches on any aspect of the Jewish community or experience. See FAQ (below) for more details.
- Make your session title snappy--you want to grab the reader's attention in the very few minutes between sessions.
- Please keep proposals and bios to 250 characters, including spaces.
- Don't forget to enter an "ENCORE!" An "encore" is a website, blog, or other link to where one can find additional information on your topic.
- Head shot photos (JPG only) may be sent to info@LimmudBoston.org. Please write "Proposal Photo" on subject line.
Please note the following:
- Every presenter is encouraged to attend other sessions, with all volunteers and others.
- All event volunteers and presenters register for LimmudBoston with the fee. You may register at the early bird price with your proposal.
- Proposals can be submitted until September 7, 2019. There may be fewer presenter spots open closer to that date.
- Expect to hear from LimmudBoston about your proposal around September 20.. You will then have one week to finalize the details of your presentation if it is accepted. Again, you must complete your registration in order to be included in the final LimmudBoston program.
- Consider the Limmud Values at the link here, in shaping your presentation!
Multiple one-hour sessions are offered simultaneously throughout the day. Presenters are encouraged to attend other sessions.
Complete this form for Program Team review.
Share your knowledge and passions! As long as there is a reasonable Jewish connection to your presentation, the sky is the limit.
Engage your participants! Consider hands-on and participatory sessions and groups or panels. LimmudBoston attracts a diverse audience with Jews from across religious, political, ethnic, educational and demographic associations.
Absolutely! Invite others to join you in presenting multiple points of view. This form offers space for as many as 5 presenters. Write info@LimmudBoston.org if you need room for more. All presenters in your session need to register for the conference within 7 days of session acceptance.
We make decisions in order to create a balanced program. We cannot guarantee that all proposals will be accepted.
Yes! In order to offer as many different speakers as possible, the Program Team usually accepts only one per presenter.
Applicants will be notified as early as possible. We aim to notify by mid-September. We aim to slot 2019 sessions by September 20.
Participation varies. Presenters usually bring 20-25 copies for an average session.
Please know your own technology. LimmudBoston has a limited number of projectors available. Presenters must bring their own laptops and connecting cords. Internet access is not guaranteed. If you want to use something from the Internet, be sure to download it onto your system.
Bring what you need. Most of the session rooms do not have podiums or easels. Many have white boards, but you should indicate on your application that you need a white board. Microphones are limited, so please indicate if you need one. For Shabbat programs at local synagogues, AV and music must be in accordance with the policies of the host synagogue.
Yes. Like Limmuds worldwide, all participants and all volunteers REGISTER* and pay to attend the conference in order to demonstrate the Limmud value of acquiring Jewish education. LimmudBoston, like other Limmud conferences worldwide, is volunteer-driven. Many people give considerable amounts of time to creating the conference, whether presenting, organizing, cooking, cleaning up and generally helping. We all pay to attend. Special arrangements can be made for people who cannot afford to attend. Please write to info@LimmudBoston.org and include contact information if requesting financial assistance.
*Registration form will be open soon.
YES! Presenters may sell books and materials at LimmudBoston after your session. You may NOT sell during your session. You may sell outside of your classroom after your session. (Quietly! There may be another session in that room.) There is an author's table in the exhibit hall where presenters may sell their books and other relevant items. LimmudBoston is not responsible for watching over or selling your products.
If you have questions about presenting, email our Program Team at info@LimmudBoston.org.
LimmudBoston is a happening, a volunteer-driven Jewish learningfest of culture and identity. From storytelling, music and meditation to Torah and Talmud, LimmudBoston offers inspiration and education – engaging beginners and scholars alike.